Your oral health care often depends on making the right decisions. The difference between a good smile and a great smile often breaks down to the treatment it receives. If you suffer from any ailments that may arise or issues and problems that can occur, it’s always important to have effective planning and treatments in place. Listed below are a few tips to help you out:
– Always wear the appropriate safety gear when playing any sports that can potentially put your mouth at risk. Blunt trauma is a key risk that often damages even the best of smiles, so protect yourself when necessary.
– Make sure you are brushing and flossing your teeth every day, which includes brushing your teeth at least twice a day.
– Exercise caution when biting into tough or hard foods, as they can easily lead to dental damage in the form of chips or cracks, and in some cases, can even knock your teeth out.
– If you are getting older or have muscle impairments and struggle with flossing or brushing, consider switching to an alternative tool such as a water flosser or electric toothbrush.
– Schedule visits to your dentist for regular checkups and oral examinations. In addition, make sure you visit your dentist every 6 months for a professional cleaning.
– Always take the time to improve your diet to ensure your mouth can remain healthy. This includes limiting snacks between meals and avoiding sugars, which can give rise to harmful acids that destroy tooth enamel.
– Avoid tobacco, smoking, and drugs, as they can all severely hinder your oral health.
If you would like to schedule a professional cleaning at 201 Dental Care or would like a comprehensive oral exam from Dr. Jessica Gorelik and our team at our dentist office, please give us a call at 201.944.1969. We are here to be the dentist you require in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey. We look forward to making your smile shine soon!